Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm Back!

My trip to the Philippines was short lived but thank you to everyone, family and friends for making it truly memorable... I can't wait to come back!

Highlights:

  • reconnecting with family
  • learning, seeing and tasting something different until it's not and then doing it again
  • I sort of mentioned it above but it deserves to be said again. Eating!
  • meeting new people and making new friends
  • learn-smile-grow, eat-eat-eat!
Boracay is beautiful. From Manilla; it's a 45 minute plane ride to a 10 minute tricycle ride to a 20 minute boat ride to one last tricycle ride before you're officially unplugged. Here's a few pictures from our stay...

*navigational tools drop-down if you hover over the slideshows



Have I mentioned how good the food was? Masarap!



Family is what it's all about. It's easy to forget or lose sight of that when you grow up and create a life for yourself half way across the world. But it's trips like these which remind you that even though you/they have been far away, you've always been together in spirit.



Here's another video I captured with my a630. Our last evening in the Philippines - dinner at Mama Nelia's house:


family from Joey on Vimeo.

Thanks again everyone for the memories! And a special thank you to my Dad who flew us out and made this trip extra comfortable by givin' up the couch ;) and for the impeccable coordination of every single one of our requests.

No comments: