Monday, April 23, 2007

Buying drinks via sms

I love the idea for this new service by BuyYourFrindADrink.com (BYFAD), which I read about over at Webware. BYFAD.com does just what its name implies! Enables peers to buy drinks for each other redeemable at participating bars via text message! "It's available at about 40 bars in New York City and the surrounding area and the company plans to gradually expand to other urban areas over the course of the year."

I've recently added my favorite bars in the LA area (Beauty Bar & Star Shoes in Hollywood, Barney's Beanery in Santa Monica as well as some other local dive bars in the Venice area) via BYFAD.com's homepage. Hopefully they'll join BYFAD.com's list of networked bars and restaurants. After all, you'd think some of the early adopters to take to this service would be the bars and restaurants in LA. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if my dream of buying a Hefeweizen with a text message will ever come true.

No comments: