Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Blogger Relations

Interesting post here No Snivelling - Dave Schappell's Home Page by my friend Dave over at NoSnivelling. I couldn't agree more. Everything is going on-line and I mean everything. Hell, it has been for a while now I don't even need to say it. So why haven't marketers woken up to the infinite potential of interacting with their customer base via the blogosphere?

As a recent graduate with a double emphasis (one of them being marketing) it comes as a surprise to me to find just how badly corporate America is failing to capitalize on the marketing/product development potential of the blog world. Don't get me wrong, just about every company has a blog but the difference is well known by those companies who make the effort to maintain those blogger relationships.

Hmmm, now I'm wondering if this outlook is attributed to the start-up mentality over here at JibJab and therefore, only relevant to those with similar perspectives?

Bah! If you're not hungry as a company then I need not waste my time thinking of you.

1 comment:

Bloody Bonnie said...

Hey, thanks for commenting on my 1st blog entry! I agree with your comments about marketers ignoring the power of the internet. I am particularly amazed that the broadcasting industry hasn't figured out yet that the internet is now what radio was in the 1920's.